Thursday, September 13, 2012

project: HTPC nerdbox - ughhhh

since finishing the htpc project, i've built another 4 for my mates. although its straight forward, i did come across a few new things that racked my brain.

the first was that my htpc started to magically launch windows media center for no reason and would fuck up my remote control. you can close it using a mouse and keyboard but the point of the remote was to make these things somewhat redundant! anywho, to fix this i just removed wmc from the pc. 

the other, is finding an alternative to the windows media remote. since these were discontinued i've been having trouble finding a good alternative that will work well with the logitech harmony. im obviously after something thats cheap and works with xbmc. so if any readers out there have any suggestions please let me know!


1 comment:

  1. Was searching for info on 10bit XBMC support and ran across your blog. To answer this question, I am using apps on my iPad 2 and Galaxy Note to control XBMC and it works great. Great app support if wifi is present.

    ReplyDelete